Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Acerola

13 Oct 2009
I recently saw this in a book of the foods you must eat before you die!
and acerola (Malpighia glabra) was in that list! And I agree.

These are some pictures of acerola at farmer's markets.
It's a little, red berry that originates in Central America but grows in tropical areas. Kind of like a cherry but a little more sour; it has a like strawberry-green apple taste plus something different.

My mãe makes juices out of this fruit and it is dericccciouss!
She usually makes it out of the frozen pulp but recently my sister's friend gave us a bag full of acerolas from her tree so we made some natural juice and it tastes like strawberry-carrot juice. It's sooo good. I love carrot juice. But if you don't it doesn't mean you won't because it's not a strong carrot taste--it is totally different and sweeter. mmm... acerola.

No comments:

Post a Comment